Re: Access - ODBC - index strange bug

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access - ODBC - index strange bug
Date: 2004-04-07 06:39:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the bug, here it is:

---------------------------------
CREATE TABLE public.test
(
id serial PRIMARY KEY,
code int4,
f1 int4,
f2 varchar(50),
f3 text
) WITHOUT OIDS;

CREATE INDEX test_code ON public.test USING btree (code);

INSERT INTO public.test(code, f1, f2, f3) VALUES(10, 1, 'test1', 'ok1');
INSERT INTO public.test(code, f1, f2, f3) VALUES(20, 12, 'test2',
'ok2');
INSERT INTO public.test(code, f1, f2, f3) VALUES(30, 123, 'test3',
'ok3');
---------------------------------

- Link this table to an Access database, with the "Postgresql" normal
driver. (Others don't work for me)

- Open the linked table.

- Type 20 in column code of the "insert" line, and insert the record.
All values are mixed up, and the newly inserted line seems to have the
same values as the second record. (Because they have the same code?)

- Close the table, and reopen it: the last inserted line has correct
values.

- Type 31 in the same column now, things are fine. (Because code 31 was
not used before?)

- Take away the index, and the bug disappears. No need to refresh the
table links or whatever.

Can anyone reproduce that?

Philippe

My configuration: