ODBC driver further developments?

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC driver further developments?
Date: 2004-04-04 11:36:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

Hiroshi Inoue, the maintainer of the Postgresql ODBC driver, mentionned
some time ago he was willing to stop working on the ODBC driver package.
Again, of course, I would like to thank him for all he did. I'm using
the latest known snapshot of the driver every day (in conjunction with
the latest MDAC), and I have no big problem with it.

I'm just wondering what is supposed to happen in the future? Is there
still anymone maintaining this driver? Postgresql is really a great
alternative to SQL Server, but without a top-qualiy driver, it is less
interesting, when linked to a windows client. What's more, I couldn't
find any viable commercial alternative to the official driver...

I'm willing to help, if I can. Can anyone clarify the situation?

Thanks

Philippe