Re: Getting ready for 8.2 release

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting ready for 8.2 release
Date: 2006-12-04 10:10:27
Lists: pgsql-www

> WWW,
>
> The 8.2 release will be going out around 22:00 UTC on
> December 5th, if it's
> not held up by any last-minute RC bugs. This means that
> we'll need to
> uphold the following schedule:

Can't recall if someone spoke out on this already, but..

> December 5th
> 10:00 UTC (or earlier): source and windows binaries on the FTP master.
> 17:00 UTC (no earler): new home page, press kits, and press
> faq applied to website master.

I can be aruond for this, and at least do the press-stuff. If someone
else is around at the same time and want to do beta pages and stuff,
let's just coord on IM/IRC.

> 20:00 UTC: community announcement approved for News,
> -announce 22:00 UTC: press release goes out

Not sure if I can be around this time - and at this time we also need
someone to do quick-fixes if something is broken. Apart fromt he
approval stuff there, that Josh can handle. In case something happens...

//Magnus