Re: Updated Press Release Draft

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Anastasios Hatzis" <ahatzis(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Updated Press Release Draft
Date: 2006-09-22 07:43:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> > Uh, Dtrace only works on one, at best two platforms. That
> doesn't
> > make it a very significant feature.
>
> I'm talking about from a press perspective. DTrace has gotten a
> lot of ink lately, and is effectively a "buzzword" reporters on the
> tech beat will recognize.

Really? I was just about to comment that "nobody except insiders really
know what DTrace is".. Are you sure you're not reading internal Sun
magazines? ;-)

FWIW, a quick search at swedens largest tech-news/press-release site
shows up *a single* hit for DTrace this year. It's the press release for
WSJs award they received.
FYI, a postgresql search for the same time gives 20.

If I search a different "business news" (not-just-tech-news-but-some)
site, I don't get any hits at all.

//Magnus