Interactive docs comment submissions

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Interactive docs comment submissions
Date: 2006-09-20 10:26:34
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi!

Just did a process of pending comments. Things are definitely getting
worse and worse - I'd say we're now far below a 1:50 rate of comments vs
spam. We need to do something. We've previously tacked captcha. I would
like to propose something that's a lot easier - let's require a
"community login" to submit a comment (same thing you'd need to
submit/edit pages on techdocs). The only question is will this raise the
bar so far we don't get *any* comments anymore, or will it raise it just
enough so we get rid of the spam? I'd be willing to give it a try at
least. Implementing it should be trivial, since the login system is made
as a module on the site designed to plug in wherever needed.

Thoughts on this? Should we give it a shot?

//Magnus

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Markus SchaberDate: 2006-09-20 10:28:54