Re: Wiki/Trac

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Wiki/Trac
Date: 2006-09-07 07:25:33
Lists: pgsql-www

> > We already have a wiki up and running ... is there a reason why
> this
> > isn't being used for slaves_www?
>
> 1. It was requested *before* everything you setup 2. This is for
> internal docs for infrastructure etc..
>
> Also Dave has requestions pmt.postgresql.org for this wiki.

To clearify, the difference is that the wiki Marc set up (and Dave moved
into the correct place) was for *developers*, which is still a fairly
widespread thing. AFAIK, it would also be open for everybody to read,
but you need to register to write.

The Trac site Josh set up is for the people who maintain the server
infrastructure. This will be closed for *both* reading and writing as it
contains sensitive recovery information. It will also contain a svn
repository for server configuration files etc, that we don't necessarily
want public access to.

//Magnus