Re: BUG #2343: Silent installers fails

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Anton" <support(at)firedigit(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2343: Silent installers fails
Date: 2006-03-21 16:06:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> Bug reference:      2343
> Logged by:          Anton
> Email address:      support(at)firedigit(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> Hi All,
>
> When the installer creates the user account, I get the
> following error:
>
> Internal Account lookup failure
> No mapping between account names and security ID's was done.
>
> Here is the silent installer command:
>
> msiexec /i C:\hsm\source\pgsql\postgresql-8.1-int.msi  /qr
> INTERNALLAUNCH=1 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin
> SERVICEDOMAIN=%COMPUTERNAME% SERVICEACCOUNT=fd202016fd
> SERVICEPASSWORD=fd_pgsql SUPERUSER=root SUPERPASSWORD=fd_hsm
> PERMITREMOTE=1 ENCODING=UTF8 CREATESERVICEUSER=1
> BASEDIR=C:\hsm\postgres
>
> This is run from an NSIS installer (with ExecWait).
> The user account "fd202016fd" specified was created.

Does it work if you run it manually?

> Any idea what could cause this and what could be a workaround?

Not really, it shouldn't normally happens. It seems it's created, but
the process that created it can't see it because of some delay
somewhere.

A workaround is to create the account before you launch the installer.

//Magnus

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Gloria WDate: 2006-03-21 16:33:13