Re: [HACKERS] Bug report form: locale/encoding

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Bug report form: locale/encoding
Date: 2006-03-16 15:44:25
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
> > > Has anyone considered something like "reportbug" in Debian which
> > > collects a certain amount of information about the system
> and then
> > > creates an email with the information included. Of perhaps a
> > > pg_buginfo like this:
> >
> > pg_config and pg_controldata together cover most if not all of this
> > info, and neither requires a running postmaster.
>
> Excellent. Let's add some fields to the bug reporting form
> where people can paste the output.

Probably a good idea. With those, we don't really need specific
questions about locale, right?

And those fields would definitly have to be made optional, I think. But
just adding two optional fields:

Output from pg_config:
Output from pg_controldata:

should do a lot. With that, we could even remove the version field if we
wanted to - but do we? Might be good to keep it in case ppl have a
question that doesn't need/want pg_config/pg_controldata.

//Magnus

pgsql-www by date

Previous:From: Martijn van OosterhoutDate: 2006-03-16 15:35:58

Previous:From: Martijn van OosterhoutDate: 2006-03-16 15:35:58