Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach
Date: 2006-03-14 09:07:02
Lists: pgsql-www

> > > I'm not fussy about what we call it, but having a single
> click from
> > > the home page will be a Good Thing(TM) :)
> >
> > I just don't see this rating a main menu item.
> >
> > I do think it should be linked from Community as well as
> About though.
>
> I don't much care where on the front page it goes, but it
> does belong on the front page. I believe it does actually
> rate such a position, but I'd like to hear why you think it's
> less important than that.

Well, frontpage != top bar.

I agree it doesn't really rate a place in the top bar.

Putting it on the frontpage seems like a good idea, though. I see two
1) Add it to the list of links under "Shortcuts". Then we just need a
name. I agree that "Users" is a bit ambigous. Considering what that
means on most websites ("if you're a user of our system, click here"), I
think something else is better. No, I don't have a direct example of
something better :-P

2) Put it in the featured user box. Replacing the "share your story"
link. (That link would be moved down into the case studies list)

//Magnus