Re: new survey idea

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: new survey idea
Date: 2006-03-01 09:11:44
Lists: pgsql-www
> > But seriously. Crystal comes in two flavours, I think? One client
> > based (that sucks beyond recognition, and can be compared
> to access)
> > and one server based (that I don't know the suckage factor of, but
> > that I guess you're referring to).
>
> Yeah, there is a now a server based version but I've never
> used it. The client version is slightly strange I grant you,
> but is actually very powerful when you get the hang of it.

Oh, I hope it's good from a developer perspective, since so many ppl use
it.

It's a complete nightmare from a sysadmin perspective (in a larger
environment), though. Especialliy when you have to deal with a lot of
incompatible different versions (heard of DLL hell? This is a lot
worse..)

//Magnus

pgsql-www by date