Re: JAVA Support

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JAVA Support
Date: 2006-09-28 19:42:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> 2) If I were willing to add a GSSAPI or SASL layer as an
> alternative to the bare Krb 5 support would anyone be willing
> to help with the supporting mods to the pg_hba.conf parsing,
> and configure?

Sure, I can help out with that. I've done a bunch of work on the current
kerberos stuff (tohugh I'm by no means the author) in order to make it
work on win32, so I have a little bit of a clue around that code ATM.

As for the other part - will core accept this - I can't answer that. I
do beleive that there is a point to it, given that Java will then
support it natively, but I'm not core. I'm unsure if there is a clear
view on the merits of adding more authentication options..

//Magnus