Re: pgstat: delayed write of stats file

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgstat: delayed write of stats file
Date: 2006-04-27 07:25:08
Lists: pgsql-patches
> implementing a
> write activity
> >
> > This was not ready to be applied, was it?  "An attempt"
> doesn't sound
> > to me like Magnus thought it was ready for prime time, and my
> > recollection of the thread is that there were objections.
>
> I don't remember any objection.  Magnus, Tom, revert?

I don't recall any specific objections that weren't answered. There was
some (short) talk about having a "backoff" so it won't update the file
too often if the user requests it, but I don't think we ever concluded
if that was necessary or not. If it is, I think we can add that on top
of what's there now, and there's no need to revert.

If there were/are other objections that I missed, a revert might be
needed. Can't really comment since I missed them in that case ;-)

I think the use of "attempt" was more that I expected more comments, and
also somewhat in light of the concurrent discussions about getting rid
of the code to accept delayed destroy messages.

//Magnus

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SDDate: 2006-04-27 09:45:48