Re: Finding the pqlib version

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Christoph Zwerschke" <cito(at)online(dot)de>,<pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Finding the pqlib version
Date: 2006-02-21 13:40:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
>  >> Which do you think would be the right package/feature
> category for  >> pg_config for Linux/Windows? devel and
> Development->Tools/utilities?
>  >
>  > I'm not sure what these categories are supposed to mean
> but they don't  > sound wrong.  To gauge the correct
> placement I would say that whenever  > you install libpq-fe.h
> you should get pg_config in the same  > package/module/installation.
>
> The problem is that the Windows installer has the
> "Development" feature subdivided into "Include files",
> "Library files", "PGXS files" and "Tools and utilities".
> Installing pg_config along with the include files would be
> confusing in this case.
>
> By the way, putting the "Library files" under "Development"
> seems a bit unlucky, too. It should be on the top level
> instead. Where should such a suggestion be sent to? pgsql-patches?

pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org - subscribe info on the project page
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller.

Note that we can relatively easily put pg_config.exe under multiple
locations (in the tree - still in the bin directory, but install can be
triggered by different features). It just has to be made its own
component.

But I'm actually thinking we should perhaps put it as a base feature -
along with libpq, being installed as soon as you install any part at
all. Does that sound reasonable?

//Magnus

pgsql-interfaces by date

Previous:From: Christoph ZwerschkeDate: 2006-02-15 10:49:41