Re: Patch: Config editors

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Config editors
Date: 2006-01-23 18:52:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
> >Attached patch implements an editor for pgpass.conf/.pgpass
> modeled on
> >the HBA editor. In doing so it also:
>
> Do we need this? .pgpass is maintained automatically from pgAdmin.

No it's not :-) Not if you want to use wildcards, for example. Or did I
miss some way of doing that?

> >* Adds the ability to delete a row to the pg_hba editor
> >

> Hm, missed that? Probably thought disabling (commenting out)
> is enough.

Then you can never get rid of the line at all, can you? That sounds like
a bad idea to me... And there is a different way to comment it out
already, so if that's all you need then this patch isn't needed. I think
a real delete is a good thing, though.

//Magnus

pgadmin-hackers by date