Re: Socket problem using beta2 on Windows-XP

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Socket problem using beta2 on Windows-XP
Date: 2005-09-29 20:03:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hmm. Bummer.

Anyway. The netstat indicates that the pipe() call works. The order is
pretty much:

parent: create socket pair, connected to each other.
parent: Duplicate socket [this is what fails]
parent: close own copy of socket
child: recreate socket from structure [this is never called, thus the
new socket is never "attached" to a process]

Now *why* it's doing this, I hav eno idea.

Questions:
1) Does it actually work? ;-) And just logs the error anyway?
2) Does this happen on *every* connection?
3) Can you reproduce this on a different machine, or just one?

//Magnus