Re: psql & readline & win32

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,<xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql & readline & win32
Date: 2006-01-02 08:52:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > I don't think it is good practice to ship packaged software that is
> > statically  linked to a gpl library and then claim that
> your package
> > is bsd licensed.  If  I were trying to use the windows
> installer in a
> > commercial application, I  sure wouldn't want that liability.
> Why should we statically link it?
> How well maintained is libedit? I'd feel happier about a
> switch if I could find a maintained home page for it.

There appears to be more than one (!)

There's one on, and one on at least. And And

The second one supports cygwin, but not mingw. The first one I have no
idea, but it has made no release since 2001 so it doesn't seem very
active, whereas the second one made a release in oct 2005. I think the
second one is the one the guy in the blog post I sent before was
referring to, but I'm not sure.

Previous:From: pmagnoliDate: 2006-01-02 08:51:23
Subject: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?