Re: svr2/unionfs

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: svr2/unionfs
Date: 2005-11-28 08:17:39
Lists: pgsql-www
> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > How easy would it be to get rid of the unionfs stuff on svr2/borg?
> > Given that there is only the one VM, can the vserver just be copied
> > over the template?
>
> the ones we've been doing, and what we'll be doing with teh
> dev vserver tonight, is we copy over a clean, base template
> (ie. imap, postfix and vanilla apache) and then re-add the

When we're talking svr2 in this case, why would we want to even put imap
*on* it in the first placae? Or vanilla apache, since we'll need to
recompile it anyway.
The less stuff on there, the less stuff to be pathched for security
stuff. In light of the recent "mishap" on svr2...

//Magnus

pgsql-www by date

Subject: Re: [CORE] Lists shoudl be back up ...