Re: Query on support for trigger functions defined in a Shared library in Windows

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Mehul Doshi-A20614" <mehul(at)motorola(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query on support for trigger functions defined in a Shared library in Windows
Date: 2005-07-26 12:58:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> Hi Magnus,
>
> Thanks. Here's what I did:
> 1. Downloaded the 8.0 source code.
> 2. Created a test directory in postgresql-8.0.0\src\ 3. Wrote
> a sample c snippet as given below:
> 4. Compiled using gcc (version 3.4.4) in cygwin 5. Used the
> following make file to generate the dll.

You cannot use cygwin GCC to build extensions to the win32 version of
postgresql. Only for the cygwin version (I would assume that works, I
haven't tested it. I know it doesn't work for the win32 version). You
will need to use the MingW build system to build your DLLs.

(BTW, yuo really want 8.0.3 and not 8.0.0 for your systems. No changes
in the build system stuff, but several other fixes you definitly want)

//Magnus