Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Gevik Babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-08 17:23:00
Lists: pgsql-www

> > I will scream this until my throat is sore - if at all
> possible, can
> > we please at least try to keep things on the same site, and
> not create
> > yet another one? Please?
>
> Oh, just a *little* web site? Please? ;-)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo
oooooooooooooooo.........

*silence* *echo* *silence*

> > This can all be done that way. I'm unsure wether you can
> just plug in
> > an existing CMS, but you can certainly steal code from it
> and push it
> > into the framework we have.
>
> Actually, I believe that Gavin make Framewerk compatible with
> Postgresql.org XML-CSS. So it ought to be integratable. Any
> searchable knowledgebase will have to be "seperate" on the
> backend though so that it can be dynamically searchable.

Any real reason it needs to be searchable more than the rest of the
site?

> BTW, the other thing that this KB will need to incorporate is the
> existing FAQs. Which means that it also needs to be fully
> multi-lingual.

Partially.
The website itself supports language negotiation. This is *not* used for
the FAQs today. They are pulled from the main CVS, and just linked
separately each file. This is partially because since they are pulled
from CVS it's the only way, partially because the FAQs are almost always
in different stages of updating so ppl who want to read a non-english
FAQ probablyi want the english FAQ *as well*.

//Magnus