Re: Problem with web TODO list

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with web TODO list
Date: 2005-04-14 11:40:41
Lists: pgsql-www

> > > natively, whereas
> they have to
> > >
> > > I thought we were talking about the TODO list, not the FAQs?
> >
> > We are. But the TODO list is in the FAQ directory, and is
> handled just
> > like the FAQs.
> >

> > > And let me pitch Bruce again to database the TODO list ....
> >
> > Um. Let me second that ;-) But I've also tried before :-)
>
> Go ahead. I find a database is more work but if someone else
> wants to try it, they are welcome. I will continue
> maintaining the TODO for a while just in case the new idea
> doesn't work out, like it didn't last time. :-)

Actually, the even more important things about this I beleive are:

1) Unless you, who are actually going to maintain it, think it's good,
it's never going to work. And I'm certainly no saying someone else
(expecially not me! :P) should maintain it... (while it could perhaps be
shared, but that can be done either way)

2) I *personally* think it should also be combined with being some kind
of bug tracker (more along the line of a general issue tracker), and
that's *definitly* going to fly unless the people who would use it most
(-core and other main developers) want it. And the archives are full of
discussinos about that ;-)

If you're interested in giving at least (1) a try, let me know. But
since you're the guy who maintains it (and has been for a long time),
you're the one who knows what the specs will have to be so it fullfills
your requiremetns :-)

//Magnus