Re: 8.0.2 Beta 1 for Windows available

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Greg Landrum" <greg(dot)landrum(at)gmail(dot)com>,"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.0.2 Beta 1 for Windows available
Date: 2005-04-08 13:52:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> > > is available
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0.2beta1/win32/
> > > >

> > > Does the new installer beta include the extra headers
> required to do
> > > backend development on win32 systems or will a source
> distribution
> > > still be required there?
> >
> > Source will be required as this work has not been done yet.
>
> I realize this probably won't get done before the 8.0.2 final
> release, so I'm not trying to be pushy, but would it be

Nope, we won't manage that.

> helpful if someone else were to do the work to include the files?
>
> If you're interested in the help, I'm could switch over from
> being the squeaky wheel to being the one who applies the grease.  :-)

Absolutely. A patch is always welcome ;-) See the pgfoundry project
(http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/) for the code used o build
it ;-) There should be enough "templates" in how other include stuff is
handled to get a grip of things fairly fast.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-04-08 13:55:05
Previous:From: Greg LandrumDate: 2005-04-08 13:44:03