Re: writing backend extensions using Visual Studio

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Greg Landrum" <greg(dot)landrum(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: writing backend extensions using Visual Studio
Date: 2005-03-29 15:05:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> > Maybe a good solution to this is to add an extra option in the
> > installer's development category to include header files
> for backend
> > development?  That way most people (even those who do front-end
> > development) don't have to deal with having that whole include tree
> > installed, but those who want to do backend work can still get
> > everything required without doing their own build/source
> installation.
>
> Yeah, that's quite straightforward to do - although, there
> are that many files that it would probably be easier to do a
> wildcard include anyway unless it's a fairly well defined set
> that's required. In reality I doubt most people would care
> whats in the include/ directory anyway - it's the download
> size I'm more worried about!

The full postgresql headers (from src/include) compresses to around
500Kb, so it's not that big a deal. But I don't think we need *all*
those, so it would definitly be better to have a subset if possible.

I still think a separate feature for iti s definitly the way to go.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Greg LandrumDate: 2005-03-29 15:05:12