Re: BUG #1560: Service does not start

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Joerg Ertl" <joerg(dot)ertl(at)dog-gmbh(dot)de>,<pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1560: Service does not start
Date: 2005-03-28 18:04:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs
>Joerg,
>
>I had this problem MANY times. Most often it was:
>
> - the service account lost it privilege to log on as a service
>
>we suspect it were some interfering group policies.

>that is NOT a postgreSQL problem, as long talks with magnus revealed
>... the rights are lost within windows, and postgreSQL-Service-Account
>does NOT have privileges to change these rights.
>
>So, maybe this problem which eat much of my time is the same with you..

FYI, I've seen this in a couple of other cases as well. It seems if you
configure a group policy to lock down who is granted the "log on as a
service" right, a local administrator can still grant this right.
*however*, upon next group policy refresh (interval is configured in...
group policy!) the right will be removed. A way to force this is to run
"gpupdate /force" and see if things work after that...

//Magnus

pgsql-bugs by date