Re: Consultants/support company list

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Consultants/support company list
Date: 2005-03-18 08:46:47
Lists: pgsql-www

> > Assuming they do world wide support I think that would be
> the scheme...
> > otherwise you would be saying that any given company could
> only offer
> > support in one region.
>
> In that case, let's not bother with "regions". Because
> everybody is going
> to say they have "worldwide support". Heck, I have clients
> in Europe,
> Australia and India.
>
> > Well... maybe rather than having it broken up by regions
> within a page
> > (using #africa and such) we could just make 6 pages... 1 for each
> > region and 1 for all combined.
>
> That was my idea, but it's not going to work if we're not
> just listing office locations.

Another way of donig this would be to contol the "regions" part based
just on where the company has offices, and then have them list
"worldwide support available" in the description boxes.
Yet another is to add a regino "global" that's for those that provide
global support. (There are a lot of companies that don't do that, aren't
there). Then companies like cmd would be listed in "global" and "north
america".

Doing this will also make the page significantly smaller, so it may not
be a bad thing. We might not need to split it up into multiple pages yet
;-) [it's gonig to look pertty silly with lots of "subpages" that have
just one entry each]

I just tried to grab stuff of techdocs, and that was actually one thing
I wasn't so sure about ;)

Oleg wrote:
> Why do I need to see Africa every time I visit this page ?
> If there is no company ranking ( I assume we have no such ), I'd
better show information about this service and how to
> register.

Good point, I'll look into filtering it out when there are no entries
and just look there.
But right now it's listed the way it is because there is one company
(cmd) registered for Africa...

//Magnus