Re: Weak Password!

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Mehul Doshi-A20614" <mehul(at)motorola(dot)com>, "Klaus Naumann" <lists(at)distinctmind(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Weak Password!
Date: 2005-03-17 19:56:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Hi,
>
>I am using the Native Windows version which I downloaded it
>from the http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/v8.0.1/

The way most Windows systems are set up today, to make for a really
stong password you need at least 14 characters long. I beleive the
actual recommendation for a strong service account password (one that
you will not be logging in as regularly) is now up to 31, but the
installer will warn you at 14.

//Magnus