Consultants/support company list

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Consultants/support company list
Date: 2005-03-17 00:41:10
Lists: pgsql-www
As a good project to figure out how the system works that backs
www.postgresql.org, I've taken upon myself to fix what's needed to
migrate the list of consultants / support companies to the new web
framework.

I've got it more or less done. The data is now backed by the database
instead of just a plaintext file, for easier updating. The updating is
done through /admin/.

A preview of what it looks like right now, with just two companies
copied over from the old one, can be seen at
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/support/professional. Please don't use
that form, it currentlyi sends broken mails to my personal address ;-)
You can view it, but don't submit it. Thanks.

If the list grows really large, it should probaly be split into
different pages. But we'll get there later :-)

I have the edit pages done as well, but no good place to put them up for
show. But the form is basically the same.

My two questions:
1) Does this look good enough? Anything needs changing?

2) What should we do about the old onesv (currently on techdocs at
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/admin/consultants.php). Our options are
to either copy them all over, or to just ask the people to re-submit
them. I'm not sure how up-to-date that list is. If it's not up-to-date,
or there is at least a serious risk that it's not, it might be better to
start from a clean sheet (we can of course send a mail to those
companies that list their contact addresses).

I intend to add functionality to the system to request confirmation that
registrations on the system are still current, so we won't be in a
situation where we're unsure about (2) next time..

Thoughts?

//Magnus

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-03-17 09:01:49