Re: PostgreSQL installation problem on Windows XP Home

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Hagop H(dot)" <HagopH(at)hotpop(dot)com>, <PGSQL-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<PGSQL-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <PGSQL-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<PGSQL-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL installation problem on Windows XP Home
Date: 2005-03-06 20:08:26
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-cygwinpgsql-generalpgsql-novice
A couple of comments:

pgadmin asked you for the postgres database account. NOT for the service
account. The postgres database account is never autogenerated, it is
always entered during the installation (on the initdb page).

To change a users password in any windows version, inculding XP Home,
run:
net user accountname newpassword

If it's a domain account, just add "/DOMAIN" at the end.

If you want to delete it, as others has pointed out already, just run
"net user accountname /delete".

I beleive there are also third-party tools available to do this in a
GUI, but I don't know of any specific tool I can point you at.

//Magnus