Re: BUG #1506: too many postgres.exe processes on background

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Roberto" <ralabiso(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1506: too many postgres.exe processes on background
Date: 2005-02-24 08:21:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference:      1506
> Logged by:          Roberto
> Email address:      ralabiso(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 801
> Operating system:   Windows XP Professional
> Details:
>
> When I start up Postgre (installed as service during startup)
> y always have
> 4 postgres.exe processes on background.

This is normal. Postmaster, bgwriter, stats collector and stats
bufferer.

> Without having local or remotes connections (like external
> clients or applications)after a few minutes i got more than
> 30 postgres.exe pocesses in memory (run by admin 0% CPU and
> 60K of memory usage)
>
> If i leave my pc on for hours instead of minutes, i got more
> than 200 postgres.exe bck processes

You are sure there are no connections at all?
If you connect to the server with psql and do a "select * from
pg_stat_activity", do they show up?
Do you get anything in the log, either in the pg_log directory or in the
eventlog?

//Magnus

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Barry BrownDate: 2005-02-24 14:19:01