Re: Please change link to pginstaller

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Gavin Sherry" <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>,"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please change link to pginstaller
Date: 2005-02-09 23:45:41
Lists: pgsql-www
> > Please change http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew:
> >
> > There's a link to pginstaller at pgfoundry at the end of
> the 1st paragraph.
> > Please update that to point to the mirrors and bittorrent; we don't
> > want people downloading pginstaller from pgfoundry, since
> it's NOT mirrored.
>
> I have purchased a stack of pginstaller.org/.com/.net/.info
> domain names to help promote this project. I can probably set
> up a mirror to provide downloads for the installer as well.
> Can I get some idea of the download rates so I know how much
> bandwidth to purchase?

I think it's better to direct downloads to the standard way. It gives us
download tracking ;-), and it also makes it appear more as "the official
postgresql installer" (which I beleive it is).

That said, please feel free to point this domains to whatever we have.

Another thought - the win32 install FAQ is now on
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org, along with the step-by-step
walkthrough. Should this be merged onto the main site to be mirrored?
How does pgFoundry deal with serving up the static pages?

//Magnus

pgsql-www by date