Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>,"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"T(dot)J(dot)" <tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-07 22:38:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>  > Perhaps there is another extension that is good for Win32
>but i don't
>> think *.txt is it.
>>

>If there needs to be an extension, the new MS thinking in .NET
>seems to
>favour .config files. Both ASP.NET web applications and windows .NET
>executables are automatically given associated .config files by visual
>studio.net

Well, those are both XML files that follow a very specific schema (and
it's the same schema for both these, except there are of course some
tags not relevant in each one). I don't see the ".net does it" argument
as very powerful unless we go all the way - and we don't want to do
that.

My vote is to either go with .txt - to make it autoopen - or go with no
extension at all (as in unix, except remove the initial dot that makes
the whole filename into the extension).

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-01-07 22:46:54