Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-06 20:58:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>>> if (!SHGetSpecialFolderPath(NULL, tmppath, CSIDL_APPDATA, FALSE))
>>>     return false;
>>> snprintf(ret_path, MAXPGPATH, "%s/postgresql", tmppath);
>>>
>>> This needs to be tested of course.
>
>> Uh, by default this directory is not going to exist, right?
>
>The /postgresql subdirectory probably ought to be created by
>the Windows
>installer.  I don't think libpq ought to do it.

Um. Then we wouldn't support installs made any other way, so I think
not. Also, this directory is *per user*, not per machine.

But actually, looking at the files, only the history file is one that
would be created by a program - the rest are all supposed to be created
by the user to make a libpq program act in a special way? If I'm right
in that, I would suggest that *psql* creates the directory when it needs
to write the history file. But libpq should never need to, since it only
reads the files.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date