Re: PostgreSQL 8 for Win32 -- installation problem

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Randolf Richardson" <rr(at)8x(dot)ca>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8 for Win32 -- installation problem
Date: 2005-01-05 09:02:34
Lists: pgsql-ports
>     	When attempting to install PostgreSQL 8 for Windows (on
> Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and all updates as of today;
> 2005-Jan-04), I get the following error message (filename is
> "postgresql-8.0.0-rc2-ja.msi"):
>
>     	    	Windows Installer
>     	    	[Yellow Triangle "!"]
>     	    	Error applying transforms.  Verify that the
> specified transform paths are valid.
>
>     	I would like to experiment with this on Windows because
> I have some customers who would like to use it on Windows XP
> (and replace an existing database engine by SyBASE, MySQL, etc.).

You are aware that this is the japanese version, right? (Just checking
since you appear to be from a non-japanese address). If not, and this is
an OS that does not have japanese charactersets installed, that could
well be the reason.

If it's supposed to be the japanese version, I'll turn you over to
Hiroshi Saito who's done that port :-)

//Magnus

pgsql-ports by date

Previous:From: Stuart BishopDate: 2005-01-05 08:01:30
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3