Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <nico(at)def2shoot(dot)com>,"Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,"Edgars Diebelis" <edgars(dot)diebelis(at)divi(dot)lv>
Subject: Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Date: 2004-12-30 21:26:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>>> Tom - what's next? Do we want to roll RC3 with this ugly
>fix, or do we
>>> want to look at a better fix right away?
>
>> I think we want to look at a better fix right away; mainly because we
>> need to test it to be sure that it really fixes the problem ;-).
>> I will work on this today.
>
>I have committed fixes that rearrange the code as I was envisioning.
>Things still seem to work when building with -DEXEC_BACKEND on Unix,
>but I'm not in a position to verify the Windows-specific code.  Please
>give it a try ASAP.

It passes all regression tests for me. But since I didn't see the
original problem, I can't confirm if it solves them.

I have put up a new binary from cvs today on
http://www.hagander.net/pgsql/postgres_shmem2.zip. For those of you who
have the problem, as before, copy this file and overwrite both
postgres.exe and postmaster.exe, then test and let us know if this one
also fixes things.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date