Re: build error in initdb on win32

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: build error in initdb on win32
Date: 2004-10-10 20:59:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>> How about this. If the required functions (which aren't
>*too* many) are
>> added to libpqdll.def, everything returns to working order.
>It does add
>> a slight maintainability issue - whenever a new binary is using a
>> function in libpq never before exported, it has to be added to
>> libpqdll.def.
>
>Yeah, I was assuming we'd have to do that.  (Does your
>existing patch do
>something different?)

Well, my existing patch just changes it to export only what's in
libpqdll.def. That's how I came across this problem.
I'll polish it up and include all the necessary functions in
libpqdll.def, then. There aren't that many, but a couple. I'll also try
to work out how to deal with the SSL vs non-SSL DLL issue while at it.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date