Re: TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Bender, Cheryl" <cbender(at)mriresearch(dot)org>,<WernerBohl(at)infutor(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows
Date: 2004-09-29 16:04:33
Lists: pgsql-admin
> <<TCP/IP is enabled by default on Windows. Your problem is somewhere
> else>>
> This is not bourne out by my experience or the document you
> referenced.
> The document and postgresql.conf both state that the default
> is 'localhost' and only allows local loopback connections.

Default is 'localhost'. This is TCP/IP. Which is different from Unix
sockets. Since Unix sockets aren't available on Windows, you need TCP/IP
to be able to connect at all.

That said, I think I may have misread the original question as actually
wanting "remote TCP/IP" connections. The comment about the clients IP
certainly implies so. In which case my answer was clearly wrong! Sorry
to mislead you :-)

//Magnus