Re: PostgreSQL 8 on Win2003 AD server

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8 on Win2003 AD server
Date: 2004-09-24 13:38:21
Lists: pgsql-general
There is a known issue with installations on Domain Controllers. See
pgfoundry tracker item at

You can get through part of it by specifying DOMAIN\username, but there
may be further issues down the road from there.

If this doesn't work, you can install it *without* installing as a
service. Then create the account and register it manually using "pg_ctl
register". The issue is only in the installer, not in postgresql itself.