Re: PostgreSQL 8 on Win2003 AD server

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8 on Win2003 AD server
Date: 2004-09-24 13:38:21
Lists: pgsql-general
There is a known issue with installations on Domain Controllers. See
pgfoundry tracker item at
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1000096&group_id=
1000007&atid=126.

You can get through part of it by specifying DOMAIN\username, but there
may be further issues down the road from there.

If this doesn't work, you can install it *without* installing as a
service. Then create the account and register it manually using "pg_ctl
register". The issue is only in the installer, not in postgresql itself.

//Magnus

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Net Virtual Mailing ListsDate: 2004-09-24 13:39:50