Re: windows docs?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: windows docs?
Date: 2004-09-21 11:59:25
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-docs
> > I guess another alternative is jut remove faq_mswin from the main
> > sources and then leave it up to cygwin/native projects to maintain
> > thier own faqs, with perhaps a single question in the main
> postgresql
> > pointing to both of the other faqs... anyone have a preference?
>
> The problem with our new FAQ is that much of it is installer
> specific, so including it in the main distro which doesn't
> include the installer code just seems wrong somehow. Perhaps
> the existing faq should have a note in bold at the top
> directing ppl to the installer FAQ if that's what they really
> want, and leave the rest of the doc for Cygwin/Mingw specific issues.

It would be really good if we had a one-stop-shop for FAQ items for
Windows users, though... Look at the installer faq now for example - a
lot of those Qs are about postgreqsl itself and not the installer. But
that's where people look (or in the main FAQ, but not in both). Or we
can chose to live with duplicate questions... As long as we keep the
answers in sync.

//Magnus

pgsql-docs by date

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)Date: 2004-09-21 12:00:18