Re: windows docs?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Bender, Cheryl" <cbender(at)mriresearch(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: windows docs?
Date: 2004-09-21 08:35:24
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-docs

> > When starting the Windows psql client I get a warning that the
> > "console codepage (437) differs from the windows codepage
> (1252)" and
> > to see installation on Windows for details. I am having
> trouble finding this
> > documentation. I've also been looking for the "Windows
> FAQ" which was
> > mentioned in a post. Can anyone point me to documentation that
> > addresses this issue as well as other window's issues?
> >

> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows is a good
> starter for current
> win32 information. The windows faq
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/text/FAQ_MSWIN) also has
> some info, though it might be a little outdated. (updates
> welcome).

Might want to rename that one to FAQ_Cygwin or something? ;-) AFAIK, it
has nothing about the native port.

There is an installer-centric faq at
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/FAQ_windows.html. It also has
a number of non-installer-specific questinos. I beleive it was Daves
intention to get this one on the main site eventually. If not, perhaps
selected questions should be moved in..

//Magnus