Re: Compiling beta2 with openssl on XP Pro

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tony and Bryn Reina" <reina_ga(at)hotmail(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling beta2 with openssl on XP Pro
Date: 2004-09-05 19:00:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>Magnus and Tom,
>I may have found the "SSL compiles" fix. I ran across a
>similar problem at
>The solution was to also link to gdi32.lib by using the compile
>flag -lgdi32. At least the compiler doesn't seem to balk about
>these missing
>functions any more and that DLL does seem to have the
>appropriate bitmap
>function names.
>Does this sound right?

That is at least partially correct. It does fix the issue, but I'm not
100% sure it's the fix we want. I'm looking at two different ways right
now. Right now we also build exclusively against a static version of
OpenSSL, and I (and everyone I spoke to about it) think it's better to
go with the DLL version. Which will require a couple of different fixes.

But it is a correct fix insofar as it enables you to compile and run.

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Tony and Bryn ReinaDate: 2004-09-05 19:08:19
Subject: Re: Developers page is down