Re: REPOST: InitDB Failure on install

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REPOST: InitDB Failure on install
Date: 2004-08-24 17:43:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>> I understand your disliking of non-posix stuff. OTOH,
>GetLastError will
>> give much more details than errno.
>
>How much more, really?  That mapping table gave me the impression that
>the win32 error codes aren't all that much more detailed than errno...

The mapping table is not complete. My winerror.h from the SDK lists 2209
error codes, whereas errno.h lists 42...

I still don't think we'll get that much more stuff. Right now, the Win32
code paths that actually use the more advanced functions already write
out the error number in case something happens. We can keep doing that
for the other paths (ereport the error *number* when the mapping does
not have a match). The map to errno will catch almost all cases, I
think. And in the corner cases we can do with just the number, and use
"net helpmsg" to get the actual message when checking...

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Shelby CainDate: 2004-08-24 18:00:00