Re: pgsql: On win32, there is currently no way to get

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: On win32, there is currently no way to get
Date: 2004-12-04 11:40:51
Lists: pgsql-committers
>> Hmmm ... where did I get that from? Is it part of the admin
>> tools that are separate on the Win2K PRO install CD? I see
>> that my WinXP PRO doesn't have it.
>
>It used to be part of the Resource Kit iirc. There used to be a version
>on the net somewhere as well I believe, as a demonstration of
>psapi.dll's functionality (again, iirc).

On newer windows (XP for example) there is "tasklist.exe" - that's the
replacement for tlist.exe.

But it doesn't show the difference between the postgresql processes. It
just shows one postmaster.exe and <n> postgres.exe:s. It's all based
around "Window Title", and since we don't have a window, we don't have a
window title...

//Magnus

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: User MhaDate: 2004-12-04 16:29:02