Re: FAQ and Windows

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Ian Barwick" <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FAQ and Windows
Date: 2004-12-01 11:52:32
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

Updated with link to Cygwin FAQ. (the website will update soon with the
automatic CVS pull) Not sure if you wanted anything else there as well?
(the mentions that it's native only etc was done long ago by Dave)

I see no mention at all of Cygwin in the MingW FAQ as it is now?
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ_MINGW.html). Though that file
is dated Oct 14, perhaps it just hasn't pulled in your changes? (I think
it'd be good to have "all the FAQs link to each other" when possible, to
direct users that got started at the wrong end)

Finally, I don't see the pginstaller FAQ linked from the FAQ list per
Ians suggestion - I think that'd be a good idea.

//Magnus