Re: postgres win32 in FAT32

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Albi Rebmann" <albi(at)life(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres win32 in FAT32
Date: 2004-10-07 14:03:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to install postgres win version on fat32?
> On 8.0 beta2 it told me I can only install it on ntfs. Thats
> fine for a server and no problem. But to give it to normal
> users it is bad. Cause many will have fat32 and not be able
> to change partition to ntfs.
> Any help and info is welcome.

You can do it, though you are strongly advised not to do it. Features
like tablespace will not work on FAT, and data integrity cannot be
guaranteed in case of a crash.

The installer will not let you initdb on it. You can, however, install
without initdb:ing and then run initdb manually. Or you can install from
source. IIRC.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Previous:From: Reini UrbanDate: 2004-10-07 12:48:33
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore