Re: Installer Error

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installer Error
Date: 2004-09-13 08:13:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> Hello, I tried to install Postgresql 8.0 Beta on my Windows
> 2003 box using the Beta2 Dev3 Installer from pgfoundry.  I
> run this box headless and only connect to it via rdesktop,
> which apparently the installer doesn't like.  I got the
> following error:
>
> "The PostgreSQL Installer must be run on the system console!"
>
> Why must it be run from the console?  Can this be changed / fixed?

It must be run from teh console, because otherwise shared mem does not
work. Nobody has a clue as to why :'(

That said, since you run Windows 2003, youc an get around this. Just run

mstsc.exe /console

and then type in the name of your server in the box. That'll get you a
remote desktop to the console instead of a terminal server session.

Don't know what the equivalent is in rdesktop, but it would surprise me
if there wasn't one.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date