Re: REPOST: InitDB Failure on install

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,"Rodrigo Moreno" <rodrigo(dot)miguel(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REPOST: InitDB Failure on install
Date: 2004-08-15 21:13:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
>>                 /* Unable to get shared memory */
>> +               errno = GetLastError();
>
>Aren't you going to need a mapping function to convert Windows error
>codes to errno numbers?  Don't tell me Microsoft was smart enough to
>make them the same ;-)

They are the same for "low numbers", which are the ones normally
assigned to errno. GetLastError() will return a whole lot of numbers
that are not in the "errno supported set", but the same number is never
used for the same thing. The net result should be that it'll return a
somewhat-less-than-helpful error message (just stating the error code),
but it should be able to show us if this is where the issue is. And we
can always manually be checed during debugging. This is not intended for
application, just for testing.

>(BTW, there was some discussion around this point while you were gone.
>Dunno if you've caught up on the list traffic yet.)

Not all the lists. Apparantly not the correct one yet.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date