Re: About pgevent

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: About pgevent
Date: 2004-07-31 21:50:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>If pgevent is a DLL, why is it in src/bin?
>
>We cannot have binary files like MSG00001.bin in our source tree, no
>matter how convenient it is. The distributors are going to
>kill us for
>that. Please find another way.

The discussion back when it was decided weighted things back and forth.
The main thing is that we'd include an extra build dependency for win32,
which would be the Microsoft toolkit, several hundred Mb to download
just to build a 32 byte file.

What distributors would kill us for that, and why? The file is only ever
built (indeed, the whole directory is only *entered*) on win32.

//Magnus