Re: win32 pgsql not installable

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Richard Sydney-Smith" <richard(at)ibisaustralia(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: win32 pgsql not installable
Date: 2004-07-28 15:43:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> I tried for several days to install the w32-postgres project.
> Finally downloaded Powergres which is now running without
> trouble on the HP notebook. From your post I think the
> trouble is in the support ( lack of) for XP-Home.
> I think there will be many with notbooks who would like to
> use postgres as a development tool possibly with the view
> that the final application will run on a XP/2000 or Linux server.

We certainly hope to fix it for XP home. Truth is none of those of us
who were working on it *knew* that the GUI wasn't there.
But from what info I have, the API is still there, so once we integrate
it in the installer it will be able to set those rights automatically on
XP home as well.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Previous:From: Richard Sydney-SmithDate: 2004-07-28 15:29:32