Re: SSL Connection Issue

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Flip Mulder" <fmulder(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL Connection Issue
Date: 2004-07-28 13:00:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> I am connecting to the server from the same computer as where
> the server is running. Just local... The log of the server
> gives this (with
> log_error_verbosity=verbose):

> C:\Documents and Settings\postgresql>postmaster
> LOG: could not recognize system timezone, defaulting to "Etc/GMT-1"
> HINT: You can specify the correct timezone in postgresql.conf.
> LOG: could not load root certificate file
> "C:/postgres/data/root.crt": No such
> file or directory

^^^
This here is your problem. There is no root certificate for it to load.
You need to either adjust the path to wherever you have your root
certificate, or move the root certificate to the specified location.

(The archives.postgresql.org server appears dead ATM, so I can't see the
instructions you followed. But if they contained a step about the root
certificate, that's where you have to verify that you did the right
thing)

//Magnus