Re: initdb crash

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Subject: Re: initdb crash
Date: 2004-07-07 07:49:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> > Is anyone getting this crash when installing on ntfs an
> partition or
> > only on fat32?  I have gotten the initdb crash installing on fat32.
> > Used xcacls to set permissions and got no errors!
> > However if an app is making use of these acls, I would
> assume that  it
> > will crash.
> > Will try installing on ntfs partition soon.
> >

> Running on fat32 is just asking to be shot in the foot. If
> there is a simple check to detect it I'd favor having initdb
> and/or postgres refuse to run on fat32.

You can use GetVolumeInformation() (see MSDN). This will get you both a
set of binary flags you can check for the capabilities we want
(FS_PERSISTENT_ACLS will exist on NTFS only, for example), and a char
buffer with the name of the filesystem.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Anass HAMMEDIDate: 2004-07-07 08:44:34