Re: stderr & win32 admin check

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stderr & win32 admin check
Date: 2004-06-15 08:16:02
Lists: pgsql-patches

<snip>

> Oh, and I notice the use of the PowerUsers group - iirc,
> there is no such group on NT4 domains, so the attempt to get
> the SID will fail.

That is one weird NT4.. :-)

First of all, "Power Users" is not a domain group, it is a local group.
It has nothing to do with your domain. As such, it will also work on
non-domain-member servers/workstations.

Second, the "Power Users" group have been included in the local groups
since NT 3.1, IIRC (could be 3.5). It is most certainly there in NT4.

This does not say anything about the other points you made - just this
last one.

//Magnus